Saturday, November 28, 2020

1995 Romanée Saint-Vivant and Duck for Dinner

My husband brought up this 1995 Romanée Saint-Vivant from our cellar for Thanksgiving. With the first sip that I took, I knew that I loved this wine! I don't have a good memory when it comes to wines that I've already tasted and blogged about like the February 24, 2018 blog on this same 1995 Sylvain Cathiard Romanee-Saint-Vivant Grand Cru and I liked the wine then. My tastebuds immediately approved the choice, there must be some kind of gustatory memory at work here. The wine was clear in the glass and for all it's 25 years was very fresh on the palate with a generous dose of black raspberries and a smooth, silky finish. Outstanding!
My husband said that we have 2 more bottles of this wine in our cellar, but he thinks that it is drinking at it's peak right now.
We paired the wine with duck breast with berry sauce, mushroom medley and blistered green beans.
The one thing missing from our dinner was our family and friends. Hopefully next year will be a return to tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment