Wednesday, November 11, 2020

2014 Liquid Farm Santa Rita Hills Golden Slope Chardonnay

Recently, we had a break from all of the winery work that we were doing to have a very nice glass of Chardonnay with oysters. My husband dug out this 2014 Liquid Farm Santa Rita Hills Golden Slope Chardonnay to pair.
The wine was a very golden color. My initial reaction to that was that it might be a little oxidized, but it was not. The Chardonnay was a very full bodied, very well integrated oaked rendition of Chardonnay. I have to fess, I'm not a fan of oaked Chardonnay but this was a very good one.
My husband has honed his skill in shucking oysters and I am the beneficiary.
There were two kinds of oysters on the platter. There were the Patriots from Massachusetts and River Hawks from Connecticut. They were both very delicious and very briny. But here was the catch, a full bodied, oaked Chardonnay does not really pair well with a briny, succulent osyter! It was a good meal, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment