Friday, January 6, 2023

2011 Salice Salentino Rosso Riserva

We were able to have this 2011 Salice Salentino Rosso Riserva on that fateful candlelight New Year's Eve dinner when the lights came back on and my husband was able to see the cork to pull it out. This was a good pairing with the takeout pizza that we feel fortunate enough to have scored from one of the area pizza places open on New Year's Eve!
First let me say that this wine is already 11 years old! The aroma was one of black cherries, black raspberries and the flavor was fruity with a back end of acidity which really appealed to me. The pizza was the perfect foil.
The label on the back of the bottle gave more information: The wine is made from 90% Negroamaro and 10% Malvasia Nera and the wine is aged in oak barriques for 6 months.
This wine is imported by Skurnik, who also imported Victorine de Chastenay Crémant de Bourgogne, that I wrote about earlier.
In looking at my tasting notes from February 13, 2011 (which I found during my end of the year cleaning) I noted that this wine was $14.24. In 2022, it was not that much more expensive, you can get it for Less than $20.00 which makes it a very good value for your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment