Wednesday, February 19, 2020

2016 Agathe Bursin Parad' Aux Pinot Blanc

While learning about the Alsace, we have also been tasting wines from the region. This is the second bottle of Agathe Bursin that we are trying. The first was that I blogged about was the 2016 Agathe Bursin Strangenburg Pinot Noir. This is a wine made with a blend of Pinot Blanc and Auxerrois. We are totally familiar with Auxerrois because that is one of the varieties of white grapes that we grow. We feel that we get stone fruit flavors from our Auxerrois, which can taste of white peach and nectarines.
We had the 2016 Agathe Bursin Parad' Aux Pinot Blanc wine over several nights. On the first night, I believed that the wine might have been fermented in oak barrels because I thought I tasted the influence of oak on the wine. On the second night, it still retained some of the oak influence, for me, but on the third night (I know, you ask, how does one bottle of wine last for 3 nights!), we had this wine with a salad topped with butter basted pears and blue cheese. The magic was there! Here is a wine that pairs deliciously with blue cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment