Friday, July 28, 2017

Gruet A Méthode Champenoise from New Mexico

In 2014, we were on a sparkling/champagne self-education journey and I blogged about Gruet and Billiot Champagne Tastings. Somewhere along the way, we felt that the sparkling was not the same sparkling that we tasted in 2014 and it seemed to be a bit oxidized. But, recently, we tried the Gruet again. First, it was back to being Gruet, somewhat acidic and refreshing without any hint of oxidation. My husband also noticed that they had changed their label. I forgot what the label looked like so I searched on my
blog and sure enough, my husband was right. Back in 2014, the label looked like what is shown to the right. In looking on the Internet, I learned that Gruet entered into a partnership with Seattle-based Precept Wine in 2014. I learned much more about Gruet online.
Founder: Gilbert Gruet
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico at 4300 feet of elevation
Soil: Sandy loam
Growing season: mid-April to end of July
Vineyard:Gruet Vineyard Varieties: Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
Vineyard:Luna Rossa Vineyard Varieties: Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
Vineyard:The Pueblo of Santa Ana Varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier
The Family: Three generations. Currently, Laurent and Nathalie Gruet and Nathalie's son Sofian Himeur
The bottle of Gruet that we purchased was less that $20.00 so it will go under my tab, Wines Under $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment