Tuesday, November 11, 2014

2004 Jacky Truchot Clos Sorbes Burgundy with Roasted Stuffed Chicken

We have had a Jacky Truchot Les Blanchards Burgundy before in 2012 and enjoyed it then. This 2004 Clos Sorbes wine is still drinking wonderfully, full of fruit and a hint of spice. My husband retrieved this wine from the basement stash because I made a mushroom and sausage stuffed breast of chicken with a light mushroom sauce. It is very rare that I make a meal like this so I believe that my husband thought it was cause for celebration. I paired the chicken with oven roasted baby purple potatoes, baby carrots, and baby beets which all came from my garden and store bought onions. I have to confess, I roasted the chicken for far too long and it was a tad dry. But drinking copious amounts of Jacky Truchot Morey-St.-Denis was the right fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment