Sunday, May 27, 2012

2004 Jacky Truchot Morey St. Denis Les Blanchards

A few nights ago, my husband and I had a simple dinner of French baguette, cheese and sausage and had the 2004 Morey St. Denis Les Blanchard. We have been drinking Pinot noir from places other than Burgundy, so I told my husband, "This is a real Burgundian Pinot, but I repeat myself." It was inky, cloudy purple and the nose was a bit of barnyard, but it had a wonderful flavor and went well with our light fare. In the past, we have relied on importers such as Kermit Lynch and Neal Rosenthal for our wine purchases and I had no idea that my husband had purchased this wine from Weygandt wine. We've also been very privileged to do some barrel samplings and meeting winemakers recently, and I really like that aspect of knowing the story behind the wines. I wished that I knew more about Jacky Truchot and did some search online and found a short biography of Truchot on Burgschnauzer.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment