Tuesday, July 30, 2013

2011 Littorai Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir

I spotted this wine at Tamura's in Kaimuki and picked it up with my husband's blessings. We went to Littorai in January, 2012 to learn how Ted Lemon implemented gravity flow in his newly built winery in Sebastopol. At the time we went to Littorai, Ted was not there but assistant winemaker John Wilson gave us an in depth tour including a wine tasting at the end. The various chardonnays that we tasted were to showcase the influence of terroir from the different vineyards even though the winemaking was the same. I don't know what we were thinking, but we didn't buy any wine at that time and have regretted it many times. We don't find Littorai on the East Coast so when I saw this at Tamura's I was delighted. Now, to keep it cool until I get back to Connecticut.

No comments:

Post a Comment