Tuesday, November 20, 2012

2009 Philippe LeClerc Bourgogne

We had this Bourgogne with the best pizza in our area on Sunday, our ritual while watching the Sunday night football game. I already forgot who played but I loved the combination of this Bourgogne with the plain tomato and cheese pizza. It was inky, purple in color and even though it's still young, the flavors were a perfect balance of fruit and tannins. I recognized the cork and I when mentioned to my husband that we've had this wine before, he told me that we brought a 1990 Philippe LeClerc with us to California in 2006 when we went on a tour of wine country. It's kind of sad to admit that while I recognize the cork and forget the wine, my husband has a steel trap memory of wines that he has had. This wine is an excellent buy at between $20-$26.

No comments:

Post a Comment