Thursday, February 16, 2012

2009 Michel Noëllat et Fils Bourgogne

Upon first sniff, I was definitely put off by this 2009 Michel Noëllat et Fils Bourgogne which to me smelled definitely of barnyard, but I had a taste and didn't taste any offending flavors. We drank half of the wine on the first evening and then the other half a day later. On the second day, I didn't smell the offending barnyard and the wine was delicious! I just wonder how the barnyard smell, which I believe to be 4-ethylphenol blows off? Does it become integrated into the wine?
We purchased this wine on the recommendation of one of the owners of Mt. Carmel Wines in Hamden, Connecticut. An unsoliciated ad for Mt. Carmel: My husband has been going to this wine store for several years. They always carry some good wines at great prices that can't be found anywhere else in our area.

No comments:

Post a Comment