Tuesday, March 22, 2016

2014 Clos de la Cerisaie Anjou

We had a lot of charcoal grilled steak last week so from some of the leftovers my husband made a steak wrap and we drank this 2014 Clos de la Cerisaie Anjou with the wrap. The wine was very dark purple in color and tasted to me of black cherries and blackberries. I have to confess, it kind of reminded me of Luden's Black Cherry cough drops. I don't know, maybe I had a sore throat when I drank the wine and had some kind of taste flashback.
This wine is a Kermit Lynch import so I went to their website to learn more about the wine made by Chateau D'Epire. We have had the 2014 Chateau D'Epire Savennières before and found that it paired very well with oysters.
The nice thing about this Clos de la Cerisaie Anjou is that you can get it for less than $20.00, so it is a nice price for a Loire Cabernet Franc!

No comments:

Post a Comment