Tuesday, February 1, 2022

2020 Kumeu River Maté's Chardonnay

The last wine in our Great Chardonnay Tasting was the 2020 Kumeu River Maté's Chardonnay. The tasting notes provided before hand was:
I'm not sure if I was getting tasting fatigue, but the Kumeu River, although it was a very good wine with no flaws, did not really excite my tastebuds. I enjoyed drinking it but the aroma and flavors were not like the Domaine Leflaive for me. One thing that my husband and I both agreed upon after the tasting was that we need to focus on fewer wines and let the wines open up through the evening.
The final courses that we paired with the wine tasting was a chicken with poblano with corn salsa and a chocolate avocado mousse.
We want to thank everyone who participated in The Great Chardonnay Tasting. All the wines were stellar and it was really difficult to say one was much better than the other. They were all on the same playing field just some slightly better than the others. It was truly a remarkable adventure in wine tasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment