Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Time Capsule Find in Our Home

I don't know why but at the end of the year I feel a great need to clean our home. (Japanese tradition) My husband calls my cleaning shuffling. For the past week, I've been reorganizing the many books that we have in our home by category and my efforts resulted in the discovery of this rare find:
I took a closer look at the cover of The Underground Wine Journal (Incorporating Rarities), Volume XIX, No. 3, 2000, and recognized the people in the picture! It was our friend, Charles Massoud and his two sons wearing orange t-shirts in their vineyard!
I emailed Charles the picture of the cover and he said he had no recollection of this journal. We had no recollection of where and when we bought this journal but inside the journal was a treasure trove of articles from 21 years ago!
I took a pause in my cleaning so that I could read the journal. Now to put this journal in a safe place to keep for another two decades or so.
References:
1.The Underground Wine Journal (Incorporating Rarities), Volume XIX, No. 3, 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment