Friday, March 19, 2021

2018 Goodfellow Family Whistling Ridge Chardonnay

We recently received our Chardonnay purchase from Goodfellow Family Cellars located in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. We were looking forward to tasting this Chardonnay and it did not disappoint. It was very pale yellow in the glass and had a beautiful aroma of citrus fruits. It was medium body and the finish had a hint of spice.
Overall, I thought that the wine was very well balanced between the fruit and the acidity. The back label says that Whistling Ridge sits on an exposed ridge top of uplifted marine sedimentary soils. Only 140 cases of this Chardonnay was made.
We paired the Chardonnay with another of my attempts at making Side Street Inn pork chops. Once you've had a taste of this pork chop in Hawaii, all other pork chops pale in comparison. Actually, to call this "fried pork chops" is to deny the magic of this out-of-this-world gustatory delight. Those of you who have had this know what I talkin' bout!
For this attempt, I put the salt, pepper, garlic powder on both sides of the pork, and wrapped it with cling wrap for 8 hours. Just before cooking, I took the pork chop out so that it could come to room temperature. I cut a slit on the fat side of the pork chops so that it will lay flat while cooking (tip). I dredged it in a one-to-one mixture of flour and cornstarch, got the pan piping hot and began searing the pork. When I saw blood, or in about 7 minutes, I knew that I could turn the pork over and cook for another 6-7 minutes. Here is my attempt:
My husband said, "Getting closer". I guess this means that we just have to make a trip to Hawaii to get the one-of-a-kind, original Side Street Inn pork chops to refresh our memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment