Thursday, March 15, 2018

Troubling Implications of the New Wine Tax Law

One article caught my eye when I looked at our wine feed, it was written by guest writer Sara Schorske on the Ship Compliant Website and called Troubling Implications of the New Wine Tax Law.
Sara Schorake's article was the springboard from which I found this article also called Troubling Implications of the New Wine Tax Law written on the Compliance Service of America site.
Here is the first paragraph:
"The 2018 tax law promised to help the whole wine industry with sweeping tax reductions. When the dust settled, however, it became clear that the careless drafting and hasty enactment of the law took back some of the expected benefits and added some major headaches, explained in this article."
I tried to make sense of what those sites were about and as usual, my husband was one step ahead of me with a link to a real person, Ann Reynolds explaining the changes in terms even I could follow:


Here is the link to the TTB Tax Cuts and Job Acts of 2017: Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform.
For some background context go to Wine Grape Growers of America: Federal Excise Taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment