Tuesday, October 24, 2017

2010 Chateau du Trignon Vacqueyras

My husband bought this Vacqueyras at our local package store and we had it with a delicious red sauce that our friend gave us.
Vacqueyras is located in the Southern Rhone and in the case of this Chateau du Trignon, is made with Syrah grapes.
The wine was dark magenta in color and the tannins had smoothed out since this wine is already 7 years in the making. I don't recall any tobacco notes, nor do I recall any fruit notes in the wine. To me, this tasted very dry but not astringent and was a perfect complement to a hearty red sauce. The best part of this 7 year old Syrah is that you can purchase it for less than $20.00 and that makes it a very good value in my book!
For this wine and other wines under $20.00, look under this tab:
Wines Under $20

No comments:

Post a Comment