Friday, September 1, 2017

A Matter of Scale

Recently, I took a panoramic picture of our vineyard with our iPhone. We have 33 rows of grape vines, so we are almost back to the full canopy that we planted in 2013 of 36 rows and 6800 vines.
There is a little vineyard scooter in the above photo and here is a close up of the scooter.
If you look very closely on the scooter, there is a small dark green thing on the left center of the scooter and a green grape on the top right side of the scooter. At the end of a long day of cleaning the canopy to put up our nets, my husband called me over to check out the scooter. He said, is there a frog on the scooter?
At first, I said "no" since the frog was so tiny. When I looked more carefully, there it was, a little green tree frog. I ran to get my camera. I wanted to put the grape next to the tiny frog but I didn't want to scare it. It must have been comfortable where it was because it let me take many pictures of it. So cute! Seeing the tiny frog was a fun way to end a long work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment