Monday, August 14, 2017

Juvenile Redtail Hawk

One of the things that we like about going to work in the vineyard is that we see some amazing sights, some of which I've captured under the tab Vineyard Sightings.
This year we've noticed an increase in the number of rabbits in our vineyard. Yes, they are cute little hippity-hoppity animals so we leave them alone, secretly hoping for some kind of raptor to take down some of them.
When my husband went to the land on Friday morning to meet Scott, I handed him the camera that I have custody of, to take some picture of the Netting Unroller Platform that ace welder, Scott was designing for us.
My husband went to our vineyard around 7:30 a.m. It was a good thing that he had our camera because he was able to take photos of a juvenile redtail hawk! My husband said that the hawk let him get pretty close so that he could get these photos:
He soon discovered the reason why the hawk let him get close. This next photo tells the rest of the story:

No comments:

Post a Comment