Sunday, April 9, 2017

This History of the World Through the Wine Lens

When I was reading Hugh Johnson's Vintage: The Story of Wine published in 1989, I was keenly aware of the fact that the history of the world and the story of wine were intricately intertwined.
Recently, I thumbed through the book again and found myself going from 5000 years ago to the present time in 2 hours or so. It was quite the experience. When I looked on the Internet, I found that Hugh Johnson had made some videos about the history of wine. So, if you don't have time to read the book, you can learn about the history of wine in bite size pieces, as Hugh Johnson mentions here:

Or if you have 2 hours to spare, you can watch this: VINTAGE Volume I A history of Wine HUGH JOHNSON
References:
1. Hugh Johnson, Vintage: The Story of Wine, Simon and Schuster, 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment