Saturday, May 28, 2016

Vineyard Scooter

In the crush of work that came with planting our 4200 vines, we totally forgot that the day after the final vines went in was our 32nd wedding anniversary. Trust my husband to find the appropriate gift to celebrate the occasion. Granted, it came a few days late and there was some assembly required, but yesterday, safely tucked away in the back of our truck was this little orange beauty. My husband encouraged me to have a seat and propel myself down our 800 foot row of vines to begin to tie the vines to the pencil rod. It did work, I was able to sit, and I found a way to roll myself down the vineyard alley, but there needs to be some serious rock removal and weed mowing before a certain comfort level can be reached. However, it was nice to be able to sit down at the half way point and have a sip of cold water that I was able to put into the wire basket in the back. Maybe for our 50th wedding anniversary, he can get me a motorized vineyard scooter. I'll need it by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment