Saturday, April 23, 2016

1996 Louis Jadot Beaune Boucherottes

We have been working in the vineyard, putting in holes for our anticipated planting in a few weeks so it is really difficult to come home and think about cooking, but my husband prepared duck with Robert Irvine's Berry Sauce. Truth be told, these were leftovers, but it did mean heating the duck, berry sauce and wild rice, something my feeble body was not inclined to do, and I'm not the one doing the heavy work. The berry sauce is one of our go to recipes because it can also be used with pork chops.
My husband brought out this 1996 Louis Jadot Beaune Bourcherottes to have with the duck. I was in culinary heaven. The wine was inky purple, with a nose of red berries and a flavor to match. It was a well balanced wine with complexity that paired so well with the berry sauce and duck. At 20 years old, the wine was still youthful and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment