Friday, October 25, 2013

Dinner and Wine Fest at Ella's in Westerly

Last night, we joined our friends for a treat at Ella's Fine Food and Drink in Westerly, Rhode Island. I think this event was the brain child of James Morrison from The Wine Store, also in Westerly, whose wine selections were the basis of the 6 course meal extravaganza created by chef-owner Jeanie Roland. James Roland (husband and owner of Ella's) and James Morrison were there to welcome the guests who packed the dining room.
The preview of the red wines that were to be served at the dinner was laid out on the table as guests filed in. The meal began with appetizers and champagne. I have to confess, I left my menu at the restaurant so I'll go from what I remember---may get more vague as I progress. The first course was a seared tuna served with Hugel Gewurztraminer, second course seared scallop with Louis Latour Puligny-Montrachet, third course, duck with Ondines Vacqueyras, fourth course braised short ribs with Clos Siguier Cahors and lastly dessert was a chocolate mousse with a 1997 Offley Port.
It was quite the evening! Great job Jeanie, James and James!

No comments:

Post a Comment