Sunday, April 3, 2011

What is everyone drinking these days?

My husband and I had some friends over for dinner last night. He made a smoked beef brisket and sausage and we had a 1994 Philip Togani Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon as one of the three reds we drank last night.
Color: Deep purple
Aroma: cherries, leather
Taste: cherries
Mouthfeel: well-balanced, but could be cellared longer










Drylands New Zealand Sauvignon blanc
Color: Very pale yellow
Aroma: Lemon, pears and grassy
Taste: Passion fruit
Mouthfeel: well balanced
Drylands is a typical New Zealand Sauvignon blanc with a grassy nose, but with a passion fruit flavor. It is well balanced and easy to drink especially because it has a screwcap! I did taste a little bit of salt and I'm wondering if it is coming from over fining with bentonite?

1 comment:

  1. Last weekend my wife and I celebrated a minor miracle- that neither of us had to work for an entire four day weekend. We had a bottle of Moet & Chandon Imperial Nectar, without question our favorite Champagne.

    One of the discussions in the last class went on beers. Sierra Nevada just released a Trappist Ale called Ovila that is pretty good. Maybe not as good as the American made Ommegang or Three Philosophers, but not far off. Some of the proceeds go the reconstruction of a Cistercian Monastery in CA (I'm trying to convince my wife to let me put a cloister in our next house) so I had to try the beer.

    ReplyDelete