Sunday, December 16, 2012

2000 Malartic-Lagravière Red

We chose this bottle of wine to drink with a dinner of steak tenderloin that we recently received from our good friend as a Christmas gift. It was divine. It is currently 12 years old. We knew that the 2000 vintage, the millennial was a good one. I found some documentation on the Malartic-Lagravière Website that provided me with more information about this specific wine. I found the 2000 Malartic-Lagravière Red 2000 to be everything that this wine's profile promised: Dark, deep ruby red with hints of coppery brown. The nose is intense and complex with mellow aromas of blackcurrants and plums followed by tobacco, and undergrowth. Fine minerality.
It is a blend of 50% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Cabernet Franc. What's more, it is still available for purchase. I saw prices between $30-$40 on the Internet so in my book, this is one of the best buys.

No comments:

Post a Comment