Thursday, August 9, 2012

1998 Chateau de Beaucastel

My husband often likes to test me on my wine knowledge. He loves to hand me a glass of wine and sits back with a smug look to see if I get at least the variety correct. Since I'm a hedonistic taster, I often get the variety wrong. One evening, he presented me with a wine and with my first taste, without any hesitation, I exclaimed, "I love this!" and met his approbation. We have had an earlier vintage of Chateau de Beaucastel, a 1995, and in that tasting, I wrote about the article in Wines & Vines that mentioned that Chateau de Beaucastel treats their wine with thermovinification. The label on the back of the bottle gives no indication that this is what they do to their wine. Thermovinification or not, this is a wine that is well crafted and goes so well with food. Here is the label on the back of the bottle that provides more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment