Friday, July 6, 2012

2009 Pearl Morissette Chardonnay

We had my exercise buddy over for dinner last evening and decided to open our one and only bottle of 2009 Pearl Morissette Chardonnay. My husband exclaimed, "Wow, if I could make a Chardonnay like that!" My friend said, "I LOVE this style of Chardonnay!". The Chardonnay was very pale straw in color and what a balance of flavors, fruit, minerality and a hint of vanilla! We all thought the lingering taste was one of vanilla. The aroma reminded me of bygone days in Japan when my Aunty used to make plum wine from plums grown in her garden. We paired the Chardonnay with a fresh caught east coast halibut and fresh from the garden snow peas. Simple food with a great wine!
We got to tell our friend the story of how we met François Morissette in Jordan, Ontario. As you can see from the label, only 185 cases of this wine was made. You may be able to taste François's wines at the Second Annual International Cool Climate Chardonnay Celebration(I4C) to be held on July 20-22,2012 in Niagara's Wine Country, Ontario, Canada. We wish we could be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment