Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chateau Ksara 2008 Reserve Du Couvent

When I was in the Wine Stability course, I had a chance to try a Lebanese wine called Chateau Ksara. I emailed Eddy Naim in Lebanon, one of the "students" that I became friends with during online course. Eddy told me that "...Ksara is one of the two big wineries in Lebanon (Ksara produces over 2 million bottles / year), very commercial (as opposed to a niche or boutique winery focusing on quality). But they make excellent whites and their reds have become fairly good in the last few years!"
We liked this Ksara red, we thought the aroma was of sourplums and the taste was a little green but over all it was well-balanced and slightly tannic. All of this for $11.39 made it a good buy in our books.
You can also check out Eddy Naim and his winery, Chateau Qanafer at his Facebook site. Eddy was also kind enough to send me a photo of one of the Ksara vineyards.

No comments:

Post a Comment