Wednesday, August 24, 2011

2009 Domaine Cheveau Macon Chaintre Le Clos

I never knew what "bracing acidity" was until I tasted this Domaine Cheveau Macon Chaintre. This chardonnay had a surprisingly aromatic nose of lemons, pears and peaches and had a lemon yellow color.
The aroma was inviting, the flavor was one of lemons and very high acidity. My juvenile palate was surprised, but tried not to rebel at this somewhat different (to me) approach to chardonnay. We drank it on our porch after a sweaty day of working on the land with no food. This wine will be a good complement to seafood.
My husband assures me that we have had Neal Rosenthal imported wines before but after reading "Reflections of a Wine Merchant", I am paying more attention to who imported the wine that I am drinking. Chaintre is one of four communes in Pouilly Fuisse and Le Clos is the vineyard that the grapes come from. This labeling is indicative of Neal Rosenthal's desire to have the wines that he imports be identified with the vineyard that produced the grapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment