Wednesday, March 13, 2013

1982 Robert Ampeau Meursault La Pièce sous le bois

Where ever we go, if the conversation turns to memorable wines, my husband brings up an aged Chardonnay that he says was the best Chardonnay that he has ever had. I have no idea what he is talking about or when he drank it because I don't remember drinking the wine he recalls so fondly. But then, it is my loss, not his. Recently, my husband was cleaning our "Wall of Fame" where we keep empty bottles of wines that we have really enjoyed over the years and there it was in the back of several bottles of recent additions. He exclaimed, "Here it is, the 1982 Robert Ampeau Meursault! This is the wine that I really loved!" In his memory lives a wine where the well known Meursault acidity had been well integrated, revealing an unbelievable body of flavors and a wonderful depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment