Saturday, December 10, 2011

1995 Philip Togni Cabernet Sauvignon

Recently, we had some friends over for dinner and opened the 1995 Philip Togni Cabernet sauvignon and had it with a slab of cowboy steak. My initial impression was that it was more leathery than fruity tasting and still full of tannins. It stood up to the steak and although it is now 16 years old, I felt that it could still be cellared.
Just before this dinner, I decided to organize all of the wine books that we have strewn around the house which makes it difficult to find anything when we need it. I have all the books in one location now and it is much better. During this cleaning, I happened upon some old Wine Spectators and decided that before throwing them away, I should read them. For example, the September 2003 issue had an article about Philip Togni and his wines. It's been an education and I think I need to make some room for these magazines, for it's value as a historical reference. My husband just shakes his head and calls me a pack rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment