Monday, September 19, 2011

The Certificate---What does it look like?

One of the best things that I did was to take the online certification course offered by UC Davis in Enology and Viticulture. I began in the fall of 2009 and finished up in June, 2011.
There were some trials and tribulations during the time I was taking the course. For example, during the Viticulture course, I came down with shingles! I thought people who were stressed came down with shinges? At first, my friend thought that it might be sciatica because the pain began in my lower back. When I broke out in small pustules, my husband told me that it didn't look like sciatica, more like shingles and I went to the outpatient clinic, spent $500.00 to get it confirmed. I took the anti-viral but chose not to take the Vicadin since I was in the midst of listening to the lectures and taking the final. When I was taking the Wine Stability course, I got a cold and went through 5 boxes of kleenex, once again, during the final.
For anyone who is interested in winemaking, I highly recommend taking these courses offered by the University of California, Davis. Not only are the "lectures" educational and informative, the classmates taking the course with you are another source of information often leading to great online friendships and perhaps a personal meeting.
You can find more information about this on their website located here: UC Davis Online Enology and Viticulture Certification Program

No comments:

Post a Comment